Courses will commence again the Sept/Oct 2018 Tasmanian school holidays.
Tackers 1 & 2 Learn to Sail Programs
Tackers is a fun, introductory, games-based sailing program designed for kids aged 7-12 years, delivered at recognised Tackers Clubs. Kids don’t need to have any sailing experience or club membership to participate. Life jackets and boats are provided. Cost $270 or $170 for RYCT members.
There will be a Tackers 1 & 2 course running in the Sept/Oct School holidays 2018. For further information contact email@example.com
In Tackers 1 – Having Fun, kids sail in pairs in small boats. It’s a great way to meet new friends and kids have the chance to sail with others in their group.
The next stage is Tackers 2 – Tricks & Techniques, when kids are confident they can sail a boat on their own with lots of support, supervision and encouragement from the Instructor and Assistant Instructors. Tackers 2 often follows the completion of Tackers 1, but can be a start point for children with some sailing experience.
About the programs:
Tackers 1 – Having Fun covers
- – Boat Handling (capsizing, steering, avoiding collisions, basic sailing);
- – Rules& Safety (life jackets, rescue drills, understanding basic right of way rules);
- – Sailing Theory (wind direction, wind strength, basic sailing theory, care of boats on the water.)
Tackers 2 – Tricks and Techniques covers
- – Boat Handling (sailing upwind, gybing safely, use the tiller extension, downwind sailing with centreboard up)
- – Rules & Safety (capsize and recover unassisted, demonstrate rules of the road)
- – Sailing Theory & Background (rig your boat, more sailing terminology, wind awareness)
WHAT TO BRING
Wetsuit if you have one otherwise clothes you don’t mind getting wet, cap, enclosed shoes, towel, change of spare clothes, lunch and a water bottle. Life Jackets, sunscreen and boats are provided.
$270 per course for non-members
$170 for RYCT members