Motor Boat Licence
In Tasmania, a motorboat licence is required to operate a vessel 4hp or more (except for a hire and drive vessel).
The RYCT is an accredited provider of the MAST Motor Boat Licence which is valid for a three year period (pro-rata) and all licences have a common expiry date.
For More information please contact Greg Brooks: email@example.com
As a result of COVID-19 restrictions, MAST has introduced a revised process for recreational boaters to complete the theory and practical training to achieve a Tasmanian Motor Boat Licence.
To obtain a Recreational Motor Boat Licence:
- Complete the theory section of the BoatSafe Licence Course
- On passing this exam, a Conditional Licence will be issued
- Restrictions on the Conditional Licence include:
- Six month expiry date;
- Vessel operation in daylight hours;
- Restricted to a maximum speed of 20 knots;
- Operation restricted to Smooth and Sheltered waters;
- Cannot tow a skier or aquaplaner.
- You must successfully complete the practical component of the BoatSafe Licence Course within a six months of the conditional licence being issued
- Once the practical has been completed the licence will be converted to a full Motor Boat Licence with an expiry date that coincides with the current licence triennium
- If the practical component is not completed within the six months, your Conditional Licence will lapse and you will need to undertake another course
Sunday 12 July – Register Here
Sunday 26 July – Register Here
Sunday 9 August – Register Here
Sunday 23 August – Register Here
Sunday 6 September – Register Here