PRELIMINARY NOTICE OF 139th ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
Preliminary notice is hereby given that the 139th Annual General Meeting of The Royal Yacht Club of Tasmania will be held at the Clubhouse on Wednesday, 30th day of September Two Thousand and Twenty at 6.00pm as follows;
• 4.45pm Registration for AGM opens
• 5.00pm 2019/2020 Sailing Season Prize and Award Presentation
• 5.30pm 50-year Membership Presentation
• 6.00pm AGM commences
The business of the meeting shall include:
• Confirmation of Minutes from the 138th Annual General Meeting held on 24th July 2019
• Presentation of the Annual Report, Statement of Accounts, Balance Sheet and the Auditors Report
• Declaration of any ballots for elections
• Appointment and fixing of remuneration of Auditors
• Other business
Should any Member desire to have any matter included in the Agenda of the Annual General Meeting, the Member shall give written notice thereof to the Company Secretary not less than thirty (30) days prior to the meeting
Nomination of Commodore, Vice Commodore, Rear Commodore and Four (4) Board Members shall be made on the appropriate form that shall be available from the Company Secretary on and after Wednesday, 5th August 2020. Such nomination forms shall be lodged with the Company Secretary, together with a passport sized photo, by Noon on Wednesday 26th August 2020.
According to the Club’s constitution to be eligible to vote in the ballot and at the Annual General Meeting you must be a financial member and in one of the eligible membership categories (Senior, Life, Fifty Year, Perennial, Veteran, Country, Intermediate).
NOTE: the ballot will close 12 Noon Monday 28th September 2020.
How to Vote: In the event of a ballot being necessary:
Please note these critical dates
SUE BALL ACCM
30th July 2020