The Kimberley Rail and Sail 2021
Many thanks for your expression of interest in our truly unique combination of two special Australian travel experiences; The Ghan train from Adelaide to Darwin and the Kimberly Coast from Broome to Kununurra by boat.
The package will include two hotel nights in Darwin and one each in Broome and Kununurra, all transfers, all meals (with drinks) on board the Ghan, and all meals on Kimberly Pearl.
The cost of the rail/sail package is $14,950 per person including;
• Platinum class accommodation on the Ghan train from Adelaide to Darwin, twin share in a full-sized double cabin with private facilities, all meals and unlimited beverages.
• Transfers and two nights’ hotel accommodation in Darwin on a twin share bed and breakfast basis.
• Transfer and overnight hotel accommodation in Broome on a twin share bed and breakfast basis.
• Twilight dinner cruise on a genuine wooden pearling lugger out of Broome
• Ten nights on board the Kimberley Pearl including all meals but excluding beverages which are pre-purchased according to your order; (the full sailing itinerary will be available soon. The price includes all shore excursions.
• Wunambul and Dumunangari native title fees
• The helicopter scenic transfer to Kununurra from the Mitchell River at the end of the cruise.
The visit to the Kimberley Coast will be during late August 2021 and the itinerary follows;
Wednesday August 18:
Depart Adelaide on board the Ghan for the rail journey across Australia south to north – a dazzling array of sights and on-board culinary experiences in Platinum class luxury.
Friday August 20:
Arrive Darwin and transfer to hotel accommodation in Darwin
Saturday August 21:
Free in Darwin. Take advantage of one of many excursions on offer or just chill out and experience being a Territorian.
Sunday August 22:
Fly to Broome and again sample the local scene with a special twilight dinner cruise on board an original wooden pearling plugged.
Monday August 23:
Board Kimberley Pearl for 10 days cruising through the Kimberley highlights. The Kimberley Pearl is, in fact, a recently converted Paspali pearler and offers luxury accommodation in 5 double or twin bedded cabins.
Cruise highlights will include the world-famous Horizontal Falls, Montgomery Reef, the Prince Regent River, Kings Cascades, Bigge Island and see the rock art at the Mitchell River
Thursday September 2:
Disembark and take the scenic helicopter flight to Kununurra with overnight hotel accommodation included.
If you prefer to fly to Darwin but still include the accommodation please deduct $3,870 per person from the above full package price – which is still offered on a twin share basis.
Single supplement details will be available shortly. Please enquire for details.
Please note that all flights from Darwin to Broome and return from Kununurra are excluded and are best purchased as part of your domestic flights to Adelaide and from Darwin.
The deposit to secure a place on this journey is $5,000 per person, which is not refundable. If the trip cannot happen due to a corona virus pandemic or similar then any money you have paid will be transferred to new dates.
Please read the booking terms and conditions on our website.
We urge that you take out travel insurance and you need to be reasonably fit and mobile to make this journey.