Nominations for RYCT 2018/19 Sailing Awards
As we approach the end of the summer sailing season, we turn our minds to the annual awards and prizes. Many are awarded from results in pennant series and other events. But others are awarded to boats and to crew members based on nominations from boat owners and skippers.
We ask you to consider nominating outstanding boats or crew members on your boat in one or more of the categories below. Nominations are received, in most cases, by the Sailing Committee who select the most meritorious to receive the award each year. Nominees must be current members of RYCT.
The Governor’s Cup is awarded by the Past Commodores of RYCT and is our most prestigious sailing award.
The Lesley Cooper Memorial is awarded by the Board and can be for any service to the Club and is not restricted to sailing.
Most sailing awards are judged on an annual basis, 1 April 2018 to 31 March 2019.
You can nominate people for the following sailing awards:
- Governor’s Cup for Outstanding Yachting Achievement.
- John Hyslop Memorial for the Most Outstanding Female Sailor of the Year.
- Commodore’s Trophy for Most Outstanding Youthful Participant.
- J. (Jock) Muir Trophy for Seamanship.
- Keith Jenkins Memorial Trophy for Best Performed Boat in a Class or Division.
- Martin Graney Memorial for outstanding Mainsheet Hand.
- Scott Graves Memorial for best performance by a crew member in keelboats.
- Jeffrey Corkhill Memorial for best performance by a forward hand in RYCT races.
You can also nominate people for one or both of the Club’s service awards:
- Past Commodores’ Trophy for Services to Yachting.
- Lesley Cooper Memorial for Services to the Club.
To nominate a boat or a sailor, or for more information on any of the award categories, please contact Sailing Operations Manager Nick Hutton. email@example.com.
Nominations will close on Monday 15 April.