Day 1 Showdown Postponed

  • November 2, 2018

The Bureau of Meteorology has issued a gale warning for the Derwent Estuary for tomorrow, Saturday 3 November. In speaking to the Bureau, we are advised that they are expecting gusts over 40 knots and that it is unlikely to ease until the late afternoon. 

We have decided to move tomorrow’s program back to Sunday with Registration opening at 08:00, and we will try for the first race at 9:30 for each course area.

OTB sailors’ lunch packs planned for Saturday will now be provided for Sunday. The lunch tickets will be in registration bags and can be redeemed at the RYCT back bar.

The volunteer briefing planned for tonight will still go ahead at 18:00 at RYCT where we will have a weather update for Sunday.